As of today, single-event sports betting is illegal in Canada. If Canadians would like to legally bet on sports, they are currently forced to play “parlay” bets. Parlay bets are defined as a sports bet in which you combine multiple individual bets into one “card”. Many Canadians have chosen to risk their money and bet on single-events sports on the black market. According to estimates from the CBC, Canadians are betting $14 billion per year through illegal channels.
Over the last year, there has been a dramatic increase in interest for psychedelic stocks. The main psychedelic stocks that people have been searching for include:
- NUMI.V – Numinus Wellness Inc.
- MMED.NE – Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc.
- RVV.CN – Revive Therapeutics Ltd
- TRIP.CN – Red Light Holland Corp.
- HAVN.CN – HAVN Life Sciences Inc.
- CYBN.NE – Cybin Inc.
- MYCO.CN – Mydecine Innovations Group Inc.
Recently, there has been an increase in interest in the genomics industry. The main reason for this has been the ARKG ETF, which Cathie Wood manages. The ARKG ETF has the following description:
“This actively managed equity strategy seeks long-term capital growth by investing in the US listed securities, including ADRs, of companies focused on the genomics revolution. Companies within this strategy aim to capture the substantial benefits of new products and services associated with technological and scientific developments in DNA sequencing, gene editing, targeted therapeutics, bioinformatics, and agricultural biology.”
If you believe that the market is on a downturn, here are the best stocks to buy:
- HSD.TO – BetaPro S&P 500 -2x Daily Bear ETF
- HSD.TO seeks daily investment results, before fees, expenses, distributions, brokerage commissions and other transaction costs, that endeavour to correspond to two times (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500®. HSD is denominated in Canadian dollars. Any U.S. dollar gains or losses as a result of the ETF’s investment will be hedged back to the Canadian dollar to the best of the ETF’s ability.
- HXD.TO – BetaPro S&P/TSX 60 -2x Daily Bear ETF
- HXD.TO seeks daily investment results, before fees, expenses, distributions, brokerage commissions and other transaction costs, that endeavour to correspond to two times (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P/TSX 60™ Index.